Friday, January 29, 2010

Aging sucks!

So, I have been going to Physical Therapy because I have been having issues with my hip and leg. Thought it might have been an injury from the gym (which has been my perfect excuse NOT to go like I used to). Followed up with the specialist yesterday and found out that I have arthritis in my back and a couple of discs that are degenerating. REALLY? At 43? Certainly it explains a lot of the discomfort and pain that I have been dealing with the last couple of years...but REALLY. I get up in the morning, I think about what I want to do with my day, my life. I am out in the world and 20 something cute guys are checking me out...and in my mind, I am 21 (or slightly older). THEN I LOOK IN THE MIRROR. Especially in the daylight. Good God! What happened? Was it my pillow? Are those really WRINKLES or just creases from sleeping and maybe a little too much salt? How is it that my mind has not even begun to catch up with my body? Where did that extra skin come from hanging over my eyelids? Where did that dreaded cellulite come from? UGH. I am not ready for this. OK, so I am considered middle aged. MIDDLE AGED? How did that happen so fast? I remember a time when I thought people my age were OLD. It wasn't that long ago...
So this weekend I am on a cougar hunt (OK, not really, but it makes me feel good to think about it). If only to catch the eye of some hot, young buck that I have absolutely nothing in common with, but is interested in flirting with someone who might be old enough to be his mother.

4 comments:

  1. You took the words right out of my mouth! You are welcome to join me on my decade do-over that means you get to be THIRTY-THREE! (WINK)! ~ The mirror experience never ceases to throw me. I am only 19 with HUGE blonde hair and a waist that people would kill for ~ but then I see the truth staring back at me...yea, maybe not so much. GO GET YOUR FLIRT ON! The secret is out we 40-something ((OOPS! the decade-do-over)) 30-something women have it going on! And those young "cubs" have heard the rumors...(G-r-r-owl or is it more a P-u-r-r-r-r-)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, Maggie Beth couldn't have put it out there better! Go out there and put the 'mindset' on! I myself, am going thru the same thing but.. I'm 54. If you can write it (that you feel like in your 20's) then you got it going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you are one of the hottest women I know. From now on get dimmer lighting in your bathroom ;-). It all wisdom lines anyways! You go girl and remember if you pick up two young bucks then you have nothing to worry about you'll be on the same playing field! ;-). Enjoy your beauty because you still got it GIRL and once you GOT it you can't loose it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! I am just a few years younger than you and I have been thinking about the cougar thing myself...just a little boy toy for a little while. BUT, it is hard to do with a child...live it up! Have fun and especially...have NO REGRETS!!

    ReplyDelete