It's been a long week already and it's only Wednesday! Traveled to Tampa on Monday and now headed down to Naples and Ft. Myers. Although it's work and I haven't seen much of the outdoors, I am grateful to be somewhere warm and sunny. I don't think I realize the effect of all the gray days in the Midwest until I go somewhere else. But I am tired. Bone tired. I don't know how my friends with kids handle working full time (although I feel like I work full time PLUS part time). I have bags under my eyes, I feel bloated from restaurant food, and I haven't slept worth a crap in my less than desirable hotel room. Funny how the grass is always greener on the other side. People think my job is "glamorous" because I travel. What they don't understand is that most of my time is spent in hotel rooms, meeting rooms, airports, in my stores, or in a car. No time for fun. No time for a couple of glasses of wine at dinner, because I know I need to go back to my room to finish my work for the day. Stuff I feel like is virtually impossible to get done when I travel.
I'm trying to stay positive and know that soon I will find something with more normal hours that doesn't require travel. In the meantime, I am looking at a trip to Dallas next week, one week travel free, and then 7 days in LA for work. Don't know if you have been to LA, but it is a pretentious, smog filled city that I can do without. I think I see a couple of margaritas in my future on Friday night. Even if I go out alone! And I WILL go out alone if I can't find someone who wants to participate!!!!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tell me what bar you will be at and I'll join you and if it's too far away - we'll drink by phone!!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was watching Up in the Air and thought about you. . . I'm soooo sooo sorry, that's a tougher life than most! Hang in there, Friday is AROUND the corner ;-)
It's so true how people invision things. I thought your life would be 'glamorous'. I for one love to travel. But you are right. Meetings meetings meetings - then reports to follow up on. How exhausting. I've, many a time, woke up and tried to figure out where I was, because going to the bathroom in the middle of the night had me going in wrong directions and making me think "where in the hell am I" (ha-ha). If you've been doing this for a long time - is it worth it. The prize at the end of the tunnel? Maybe time for a career change? Who knows.
ReplyDeleteFinding Me, I have had that happen many times! Not sure what city or state I am in! And you are right...time for a career change...
ReplyDelete